So, I posted this picture + caption this morning on Instagram & folks are emailing and telling me they never knew these things about me, so I thought I’d share it with you (hint: I frame it like it’s all about me, but it’s really about you #ImCraftyLiketThat)
“You Can Go Your Own Way”
⋆It made no sense when I whisked away to the Philippines for a friend, pretty much out of nowhere (or so it seemed)
⋆It was considered questionable when I left a cushy corporate position and moved to South America for 3 years
⋆It’s confusing for folks that I’d rather volunteer than go shopping
⋆I’m told it’s weird that I love thrifted threads and value hand-me-downs more than I do the latest fashion trend
⋆I get teased because my idea of a fabulous weekend may include firewood, hotdogs and a tent for two
The thing is what others call weird, different and unconventional, I just call it ME and what others say is weird, different and unacceptable about you, just makes you YOU-nique 😉
So, start loving those quirks, embrace your uniqueness and shine on, sista!
*end of post*
Boom! Permission granted for you to be your unique, quirky, fabulous self! How great is that?
The last thing I want to share with you about is…
This Summers’ Coming Attractions
If you’ve been saying to yourself, “Self, this summer I’ve SERIOUSLY gotta get it together!” I invite you to join this group where I’ll be laser coaching the members on how to reach their personal & bizz goals in 90 days (or less!)
I’ve got some goodies coming at you for the next several months and in this group is where the accountability, resources and conversation will be happening. (Note: people in the group have overcome their fear of recording videos, written e-courses, created meditation audios and we haven’t even officially gotten started!!) If you’re interested in joining that wave of success, request to join here and start thinking of your 90 day goal!
Hope to see you in there, and look forward to manifesting your dreams all summer long!
Here’s to tents, turquoise & teepees,
How are things going with you? I’m still processing after coming back from an amazing surprise vacay to see Oprah’s Super Soul Sessions Series 2! I saw incredible teachers I’m a fan of such as India.Arie, Caroline Myss, Marie Forleo, Amandla Stenberg (Rue!) and Eckhart Tolle and people I’m now totally turned on to like Shaka Senghor, Dr. Shefalie Tsabery and Cheryl Strayed (#FolksYouNeedToGoogle).
The event was amazing and I met sooooo many fantastic people, but the real magic of the trip is how it all came to pass.
I don’t want to make this letter too long, so let’s just say, on Wednesday morning when I woke up, I wasn’t attending the event. The tickets had been sold out for weeks, my schedule was packed and I had just splurged on a birthday trip for my man. However, by Wednesday night, tickets had been purchased, a car was leaving for LA on Friday and I was on my way to Super Soul Sessions with my magical mastermind sisters.
The combination of synchronicity, dwelling in possibility, listening to those thought leaders and being in the energy of greatness all weekend, reminded me how at any given moment there are a zillion different outcomes. Just because you’ve assessed what’s possible for you using your 5 senses, the reality is there are an infinite number of outcomes that can occur every second of every day.
For example, if you find yourself saying, “I can’t afford it”, really that’s just one outcome out of a zillion.
If you find yourself saying, “I don’t have time”, that’s one possibility, sure, but there are also an infinite number of other possibilities.
This trip was not logical nor probable on Wednesday, but it was possible and once I committed(i.e. my girl scored a ticket, bought it and texted me to tell me I’m going! Hey, sometimes you need a push!) it was on and poppin!
What didn’t seem like a reality on Wednesday, pretty much went off without a hitch days later and I’m forever changed from the trip and the lessons, a-has and warm fuzzies just keep on coming!
So my question to you is this: Where in your life are you stopping short, telling yourself ‘no’ and cutting off the zillion different outcomes available to you?
Don’t worry I’m not going to leave you hanging.
Here’s what you can do to begin to elevate your thinking:
- Identify an outcome you want to manifest in the next 90 Days.
- Write down at least 10 ways you yourself could make it happen.
- Pray, meditate, drum circle or whatever else you need to do to connect to your higher power and ask for guidance on 10 more ways you can manifest your outcome.
- Throughout the next 90 days remain open to new possibilities, inspirations and miracles.
- Adopt an attitude of dwelling in possibility instead of telling yourself “you can’t”.
I know it’s easy to read a list of bullet points, but intentionally living this way takes support, accountability, and love.
That’s why I’m opening up my Coaching à la Carte sessions to you if you need some support and accountability (and love!). In these sessions, we’ll help you get clear on what you want to manifest in 90 days and how to stay in the energy of creation to surely manifest what you desire.
These sessions are designed to allow you to pick my brain, receive guidance, gain clarity and really walk away with a plan, inspiration, clarity and direction. If you’re ready to start exploring the realm of what’s really possible for you this year, be among the first to snag your spot for a Coaching à la Cart Session.
You have the power (and choice) right now to make your life unrecognizable in the next 90 Days. It’s really up to you because the possibility is there.
I’m wishing you a wonderful rest of your week and I can’t wait to create with you soon!
Sending you all my best,
Having trouble charging what you’re worth?
Here’s a video about what’s really getting in your way, and what you can do to overcome it.
Don’t forget your inspired action step for this week. Create your list and watch your confidence shoot through the roof!
Wishing you all the best,
Oh, this journey of personal development can be a doozy can’t it? You read the books and the blogs, you attend the retreats and seminars, you dive deep and look inside and the journey really never ends.
Recently, it became clear to me that even though in this year alone I’ve spoken at conferences, workshops and seminars, have just about every social media platform and update my blog and newsletter on a regular basis…
I was hiding out.
You know how, to the public something can appear one way, but deep down you know your truth?
Since I work with people like you who are multi-talented and tend to shine really bright, your 60% effort looks like someone else’s 100% and that allows you to “hide” in plain sight.
Don’t get me wrong, this was totally hanging out in my blindspot, until the realization hit me like a ton of bricks.
I realized that even though I have the gift of gab, and even though I kept telling myself to “do videos”, I allowed some negative feedback from one person keep me putting myself out there in a way that is most challenging, yet most in alignment with me and how I roll.
So what did I do the instant I got this awareness?
I followed the three tips I share with you below, and I suggest that you do the same.
- Told someone I trust. It came up for me a morning I was meeting my Mastermind sister, so I came clean, quick. It was painful, I was scared (like trembling scared) and she both gave me a safe place to land…then whipped out her calendar to hold me accountable (do you have rockstars like this in your life? If you don’t, please know I’m in your corner!)
- Don’t talk about it be about! Thought without action is dead. I had to get into action and do the thing that I had been scared to do. Plus, I got clear on what was tripping me up and now I know how to frame it, so what used to scare me now fuels me. I share more insights on that in the video below.
- Set yourself up for success. Instead of making one video, I made three, for the moment I lose momentum, get negative feedback, lose energy whatever #lifehappens. I put in enough work upfront to ensure I stick to my goals during the inevitably changing seasons of my life. I’ve also set up accountability channels so that even if I want to back peddle or start shrinking, I have people and structures in place that won’t allow that to happen.
Want more insights on how to apply these ideas? Watch the video below
I’d love to hear from you.
What’s been stopping you from putting yourself out there, and what will you do differently starting today?
Until next time…
http://bit.ly/JYBBWorkshopYou know I’m all about action first, and blooming where you’re planted, so I would never suggest not launching your business if you don’t have a website.
Start where you can start!
However, as the world goes more digital, having the right kind of online presence is crucial.
Maybe this is something you’ve been contemplating, or maybe you don’t even believe me, so here are 10 reasons why having a website is crucial to your success:
- Pretty much right after you mention you have a business everyone is going to ask you for your website.
- It serves as your online business card
- It’s your businesses brochure (without having to harm any trees!)
- It serves as a way for your potential clients and partners to “check you out” thus buildling that rapport of trust faster (and while you sleep).
- Gives you a global reach. Starting from Day 1 of your business, you can attain international reach, without having to spend a ton of money.
- (When done right) It allows you to stay engaged with people interested in your message and this weekend I’ll show you how to do it right.
- Without an online presence you’re missing out on the 2.4 billion people who are currently online (hello missed opportunity!)
- Serves as your first assistant. You website can collect names, hand out information and will serve as your virtual assistant while you’re off doing other (fun) things.
- Your website serves as the linchpin in the beginning of your online marketing efforts, which is essential if you’re looking to build a location independent or freedom-based business.
- Instant credibility. When you have a website that you can send people to, they instantly respect you and see you as an authority who takes her craft seriously.
Now you may be thinking that you don’t have the time, money, creative direction or clear messaging necessary to create your own amazing website, but I’m here to tell you that I got your back and have the solution that you’ve been looking for! This Saturday, February 13th @ 10 am PST I’m co-hosting a live workshop on how to set up a website that you can be proud of.
This is a legit workshop where you’ll get clear on your messaging, your target market and we’ll actually walk you through, step-by-step how to build a sweet looking, email capturing, client attractive website. It will be quick, cheap, easy and a TON of fun. Join me won’t you?
If you can’t attend live, still register so you can catch the limited time reply.
Can’t wait to see you there!
Got your 30 Day Plan?
Embrace the 12 Week Year!
10X your success!
Pick your word for 2016!
This is what your inbox has been filled with pretty much since October, right?
It was all about Make Your Plan and Work Your Plan wasn’t it?
Have you ever heard the Yiddish saying, “We Plan & God Laughs”
Well that statement epitomized my January.
I had my 1 year plan, 6 month plan and a very detailed 3 month plan all mapped out (pretty much down to daily tasks and execution).
Then almost immediately, the unexpected happened.
On the positive side a flood of well-paying cutting edge opportunities and partnerships came to me in a myriad of ways that I hadn’t planned on.
Though it threw me off center at first, I said “yes” to these opportunities because I saw that while they didn’t look like what I had planned, they were just an alternate route to my ultimate goals I had set.
Life is funny that way.
Then the unexpected struck again.
This time it was in the form of a family emergency that found me in Louisiana for the past two weeks. It was a tough heart-breaking time that I’m still recovering from.
Thank God for family, friends and a thriving location independent business that allowed me to be by fiancé’s side when he needed me most.
What’s my point?
On January 1st I never could have imagined what my January 31st was going to look like. Maybe you can relate and feel thrown off because things so far don’t look the way you thought they would when you were making your 2016 plans.
That’s why they say expect the unexpected, but boy is that easier said then done. If your January didn’t end up the way you thought it might I’m sharing with you secrets on how to gracefully expect the unexpected and move through adversity, challenges and unexpected opportunities like the amazing woman you are!
1. Have a Plan: Did you think I was going to say throw your plans out the window because you never know what’s going to happen? No, that’s not the way to expect the unexpected. You gotta make a plan because you need to know what direction you’re headed in and what steps will get you there.
Like a GPS you gotta know where you are and where you’re going and the path that will lead you there. Do detours pop up? Yes. Do you sometimes have to reroute your course? Absolutely. But imagine how lost you’d be without a plan in place at all. By having a plan in place when both the positive and not positive unexpected events unfolded in my life, I was able to simply shift some things around versus having to start from scratch and re-invent the wheel. Save your energy by making a plan, staying flexible and re-route your course if need be.
2. Examine the Path: When the unexpected occurs without a doubt you’ll feel thrown off course. However once the dust has settled take a look at what you’re left with. Maybe you’re on the path to your desired outcome it just looks way different than what you thought. When my grandma passed away this time last year that threw me off and made it glaringly clear I needed more leveraged options in my business. It wasn’t what I had planned to create but once I could see clearly, it moved me to step in a different, yet more beneficial direction that helped me reach my ultimate goal.
This January again I see that my 1:1 time is truly at a premium and that group workshops, events and group coaching are where my focus is going and only select few will be able to work with me 1:1. (If you know you need laser focused 1:1 coaching from me, click here so we can chat about how I can support you, space is super limited so act fast), my ultimate goal is still the same, and I can absolutely achieve it, the path I’m taking to get there, however is going to be different than what I thought it would be.
3. Communicate/Ask: During this crazy time it was imperative to keep the lines of communication open and let people know what was going on with me. Folks are so understanding and love to support you in any way they can. Which is why I also want to highlight the important of ASKING for what you need. Though I asked for a lot of support, I may have to give myself a B- overall because I could have asked more. Can you relate? Women typically have no problem showing up for others but don’t tend to ask for support when they need it. Let’s make a commitment to over-ask the next time we find ourselves in a place where we could use some support.
4. Re-Group: Once the dust settled a bit it’s time to regroup. Examine the path, make your phone calls, update your peeps and set up your new plan of action. Life pushes us forward whether we’re ready or not, so just keep on keepin’ on!
5. Practice Self-Care: Self Care is essential. You gotta fill your battery up. Changing course, pivoting and enduring the changes all dip into your energy reserves. It’s uber important to recharge your batteries, as soon as you can so you don’t burn out and end up depleted and exhausted. Take the time you need. It’s not a luxury, it’s essential!
6. Gratitude: Be grateful for the surprises, be grateful for unexpected, be grateful for your new plan and your new path. Give thanks for all the ways you can communicate and be grateful for the ability to re-group and focus on your self-care. Be grateful for the good and for what seems like not so great. If you truly believe everything is happening for your Highest Good, it makes it easier to be thankful even during the tough times. By giving thanks for what’s in front of you (the good, the bad and otherwise) you’ll begin to experience more of what you want which will help you get back on track, fast.
You totally got this, and if you need support (drop me line) and we’ll figure out the best next steps for you moving forward. (Note: if my calendar is full, keep checking back, spaces will open up soon)
The world is made up of few different people
Those who set the best goals by dreaming up something wonderful to do some day, but they don’t make a plan and they never take action on those goals…
Those who are always running and gunning. Who get inspired and take action, but never really have a plan in place or a goal to guide them to where they are really going. These people are often busy being busy but don’t see results….
Then there are people who do neither, no goals, no action all talk usually…
Then there are those who take time to set a goal, take the time to make a plan and then take action and follow through …if that’s not you now, that’s gonna be you by the end of this series!
Why Setting a Goal and Following Through is Important
Setting a goal and following through is important because one is ineffective without the other.
It’s awesome and amazing to dream a dream and set a goal. It’s like a GPS system, if you don’t know where you’re going, any road will take you there. Not only that, if you don’t have an end goal in mind, how will you ever know you’ve arrived or that you’ve reached it? You may think that’s totally obvious, but people set out on a mission every day, not really even knowing where they are going.
On the flip side, if you’re taking a lot of action but it’s all willy-nilly, again, you’re not going to see results, you’re going to exhaust yourself, burn out and eventually quit. So the combination of Goal Setting + Action Plan + Taking Action is one that’s not to be skipped over.
That’s why we’re looking at your GPA over the next several weeks.
Your GPA is your Goal + Plan + Action
So let’s get really dig in and talk about the first part of your GPA… Your GOALS
The Definition of Goal: the object of a person’s ambition or effort; an aim or desired result.
Napoleon Hill defines a goal as “a dream with a deadline” (we like this definition)
The definition of a goal isn’t nearly as important as WHY you need goals:
Goals keep you on track, like I mentioned before they act as a GPS. When you get in your car and map out your route. You have to put your destination in and you start from your current location. Your Goal works the same way – the only way to see what route you need to take is by setting the Goal and then working backwards.
Some people shy away from setting a goal, “because what if something comes up, what if things change?” And my response is there’s not a “What if” about it — things absolutely come up, things will always change and shift. But the same way you take detours, get off on a different highway exit and still find your way, and continue to use your GPS, the same concept applies here.
Just because circumstances are subject to change is not a valid reason to not set a goal in the first place. Course correction is also part of the process, but staying stagnant or conversely, running around aimlessly without direction are infinitely more detrimental than simply course correcting. So let’s agree no matter what happens along the journey, setting a goal is paramount to your success.
So that’s your inspired action step for the week. If you’ve been feeling resistant to all this New Year, New You stuff… or maybe up to this point you’ve said, “goal setting isn’t for me”, I hope now you see how important it is and you can set a goal for yourself today.
Make it a 30 day or a 60 day goal and I’d love to hear about if you’re down to share in the comments. I’m proud of you for taking this first step and soon we’ll talk about the second part of your GPA!
Have a great week,
Monthly goals, weekly, goals, daily goals. SMART Goals.
January is a happy, goal-setting month for most, but for some that can feel like a drag.
For creative visionaries, like you, sometimes all that granular planning makes you feel stuck, uninspired and bored.
You know you have to make a plan, but does that mean it has to feel like you’re back in school with a ton of rules to follow?
I’m here to tell you it.does.not!
Yes, SMART goals are crucial, but here’s what you can use first to make it fun again. (Warning, the name isn’t so PC, but the concept rock solid!)
INTRODUCING D.U.M.B. GOALS
Have you heard of DUMB Goals? While I don’t love the word “dumb” and if you’re like me, please don’t be offended. It’s just a harmless little acronym and I’m going to break down what each actuslly letter represents.
D.U.M.B. goals represent that step you take before you even think about your SMART goals and are really important to take into consideration.*
Let’s break it down to the ground, shall we?
So the D stands for Dream Driven
Consider what ideas or visions you can muster that are beyond your immediate comprehension. What can you dream up that’s big, larger than life? This is all about drumming up your big audacious dream or your hairy scary goal. This is all about claiming the impossible. It’s sailing around the world, when it was thought to be flat. It’s having the idea to send a man to the moon even though the technology to do so didn’t yet exist. You see, the idea, the audacious dream has to happen first before the innovation, miracles and magic can happen. So what do you dream up when you really let yourself dream the impossible dream? So exciting, right?
Next the U stands for Uplifting
Whatever your goal is, make it uplifting and make sure it lights you up. Just like you do with affirmations, you want to state your goal in a positive way. Pose it in a way that is uber attractive to you. Instead of setting the goal to “stop hanging around emotional vampires”, instead say, “I now surround myself with supportive individuals who believe in my mission, my abilities and my goals”. Now that’s uplifting!
The M stands for Method-Friendly
The idea behind method friendly is that you can create practices around and toward reaching the Dream Driven goal you identified in step one. What could you do in your everyday life that you create a practice or ritual around? For example. If you want to feel more confident maybe you practice eradicating negative and critical thoughts of others. If you tend to be hyper critical of others guarantee you’re 100X worse to yourself. You’ll find that if you develop a practice of being less critical of others it will actually boost your own self-esteem. Once you create a practice around that, it will become second nature to you.
B is for Behavior Driven
To further help you in your practice, you can create triggers around the behaviors you want manifest in your life (like being less critical, for example). One of the best behavior driven triggers to create as an entrepreneur is creating a morning ritual. For example, every morning when you wake up, drink a glass of lemon water, meditate for 30 minutes to an hour and write down your goals for the day. It’s the same thing every day and the trigger is your alarm clock going off. This is how you habitualize your behaviors that support your big Dream Driven Goal.
So that’s how you can create D.U.M.B. goals to support your vision or your big dream. What can you do to incorporate some D.U.M.B. goal methods into your everyday life?
Want even more help in create your dreams for 2016? Enter your name and email so you never miss out on this pertinent information!
*idea inspired by Brendon Burchard
I stumbled upon my very first post when I FIRST started my blog, back in 2012.
I received my coaching certification in 2008 and only got the clue to start a blog in 2012 to talk about the things I’ve learned along my path as a coach. I remember living in my little studio apartment on the beach in Ecuador and staying up till 4:00 am creating content for my blog.
I was delighted to see that the manifesto (that took me hours to create on Paintbush (hey, I didn’t know any better) still holds the heart and soul of what this online dwelling is all about.
As I reflect up on 2015 and look forward to this new year, it’s good to see that not all of it has to go. The things that make you YOU to the core, travel with you year to year. At the same, time you have the power, the choice and the agency to choose what in your life no longer serves you. You can decide right now, that it was cool in 2015, but that’s not longer how you roll in 2016.
It’s all your choice and that is SUCH a beautiful thing.
So what are you choosing to keep in 2015 and what gets to stay in 2016?